- Patient must be treated in Maryland area hospitals (Johns Hopkins, Sinai Children’s Hospital or University of Maryland Medical Center) and registered with the Cool Kids Campaign via our application which is available through their hospital Social Worker or Child Life Staff. Hospital staff must have signed off and verified diagnosis of patient.
- Current patients who are actively undergoing treatment or those within one year of treatment conclusion are eligible for a one week (or less if desired) vacation stay with their parents or legal guardians and siblings/family members who live in the home with them. Maximum occupancy in the unit is 6 individuals.
- Former patients within one to three years out of treatment will also be considered for a vacation stay but first priority will be given to patients in treatment.
- Former patients 3 years or longer out of treatment can request time and if no current patients are booked they can rent the unit at a greatly discounted rate.
- Parent(s) or legal guardians must be at the condo even if the patient is 18 years of age or older.
- Only one vacation stay per calendar year. Patients can reapply for a second stay after the calendar year but priority will be given to families who have not yet received a vacation stay.
- Families will be responsible for all transportation costs/expenses to get there as well as during their stay.
- Families will be responsible for any damages, missing items and excessive cleaning charges that might occur during their stay. A $500 check must be provided which will be put in Escrow during their stay to cover any potential charges. An invoice will be provided for any costs and given to the family as proof of replacement/cleaning costs. The check will be returned once the guests leave and verification has been made that the house has not been damaged or suffered any loss items or equipment or that excessive cleaning was needed to bring the property back to original condition.
- Absolutely no pets on premises.
- Absolutely no smoking in or outside of condo property.
- We will provide all linens, pillows, bath and beach towels, kitchen items including individually wrapped condiments. All other items must be provided by family. You are welcome to bring your own pillows, bedding, towels if you prefer. (a full list of what is provided is available online and in your welcome packet.)
- Successful applicants will be required to enter into a legal agreement.
- Family must be able to provide their own meals.
- The Cool Kids Campaign vacation condo is wheelchair accessible but we do not offer any nursing care or medical equipment.
- Vacations are Saturday to Saturday.
- Here’s a list of the items that are included in the condo for your reference.
- Patient must already have filled out a Cool Kids Campaign Application with all information and hospital signatures.
- Parent must submit Vacation program application with requested dates and doctor medical assessment that patient is okay to travel.
- Parents must come to Cool Kids Campaign office to sign legal agreement and leave $500 check deposit.
If you have any questions or would like to inquire about available dates, please contact Sharon.
Every family that goes on our Cool Kids Myrtle’s Magical Beach Vacation receive their very own Turtle called Myrtle. Check out the album with the adventures of the kids and Myrtle throughout their vacations HERE!